Employer Usage Policies & FAQ
The best way to promote job or internship opportunities is to post it on Port Triton. Port Triton is the centralized online job board accessed 24/7 by over 20,000 active UC San Diego students and alumni users. Post full- and part-time jobs, internships, and research opportunities free of charge.
To register log onto Port Triton and click on "Register For UC San Diego’s Port Triton System”. After you enter all the required information, click on “Submit”.
To post job or internship opportunities, please log onto Port Triton with the same username and password you used to create an account.
- Click “Jobs & Internships” on the top menu bar.
- Click on the “Add New” button on the next screen page.
- Enter your job or internship information and click “Submit”.
We receive and approve employer registrations and job or internship postings throughout the day. However, if you need immediate assistance feel free to contact our Industry Engagement Coordinator, Nadia Espinoza, or call (858)534-9297.
A partnership with UC San Diego provides engagement opportunities with top student and alumni talent, the University, community leadership, and cutting-edge research. In addition, Your participation provides students and alumni with professional insights and valuable connections to ensure a successful and satisfying career transition. More information can be found on our Triton Alliance page
The UC San Diego Career Services Center serves employers that offer bona fide full-time, part-time, internship, volunteer or fellowship positions to students and UC alumni. All employers must adhere to Equal Employment Opportunity guidelines, NACE Guidelines for Professional Practice, and UC San Diego's Offer and Acceptance Guidelines. For accounting firms, please also refer to the Accounting Recruitment Calendar. Employers are prohibited from posting positions that request donations, non-refundable fees, investments or have items or services for sale.
We reserve the right to refuse service to employers at the discretion of the Career Services Center Director due to any objectionable activities, including, but not limited to: requiring at the time of application personal information such as bank and social security numbers; misrepresentation by dishonest information or absence of information; student complaints; fraud; failure to adhere to Career Services Center policies or any violation of University of California, local, state, or federal laws.
Third-party recruiters may take advantage of all employer services and other events sponsored by the Career Services Center provided they:
- Identify themselves as a third-party recruiter on their employer profile and all job announcements.
- Charge no fees to the candidate.
- Identify, upon request, the name of the actual employer they represent and permit verification of this information.
- Provide a position description for valid openings.
- In accordance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act, release candidate information provided by the university exclusively and only to the identified employer. Re-disclosure of candidate information is not permitted.
Employers with commission-based or franchise opportunities may take advantage of all employer services and events provided they:
- Disclose that compensation is based partially or solely on commission.
- Do not require payment of non-refundable fees for training and/or materials.
- Do not require that any part of the compensation be associated with recruiting others.
- Disclose the opportunity is running one's own business through a franchise.
- Do not charge penalties, fees or withhold earnings if the franchisee leaves the program.
On Campus Interviewing is a service that may be utilized by employers recruiting for full-time positions (career, internship, summer) only and is not available for organizations seeking candidates for part-time opportunities.