Advising for Graduate Students
Two dedicated PhD and Master's career advisors are available by appointment for confidential discussions of all issues related to career planning and professional development. The following services are conducted by appointment:
- Critiques of CVs, resumes, cover letters, teaching portfolios, and other job search materials
- Assistance with career decision-making and planning, job searching, and strategies for an effective and successful career transition in academia and beyond
- Guidance in finding and utilizing job-search resources by discipline, industry and profession
- Interviewing and negotiation advice and practice
- Guidance in making connections with UC San Diego alumni and other professionals
- Understanding of and administration of self-assessment tools
All UC San Diego PhD and Master's students who are continuing students and currently enrolled or conducting research are eligible for services provided by the Career Services Center. Students on a leave of absence, or who have withdrawn from the University, are not eligible to access our services.
At any time, graduate students who are no longer enrolled (i.e., paying a fee in lieu of registration) but continuing to work on their dissertation or thesis, and who are not officially on leave, may continue to use the Career Services Center. These students must provide an email or signed memo from their department's graduate coordinator, or advisor, verifying their status. This information should be sent to Albert Lopez at email@example.com, or to mail code 0330.
To gain access to the Career Services Center during Summer Session, a graduate student enrolled in the spring must visit Tritonlink, login to WebReg and enroll in fall courses (fall registration opens in June). For students not taking fall classes and only conducting independent thesis research, please enroll in your independent research course. Once enrolled, please contact Albert Lopez at firstname.lastname@example.org, who will grant you access to all services offered by the Career Services Center.
Schedule an Appointment
Please log in to Port Triton.