Graduate & Professional School Information Fair
Wednesday, October 12, 2016 | 10:30am-2:30pm
Library Walk (PC Ballroom if rain)
List of participating schools/programs
List of programs by field
List of Health Professions programs
Sponsors: UC San Diego Graduate Division and School of Medicine
Is Grad School Right for you?
October 10 and 11, 2016 @ 12:30pm, Horizon Room, Career Center
Interest in grad school? Learn about the graduate application process, timeline, financial aid, and resources to help you in making your graduate school decision.
GRE Challenge & Personal Statement
October 12, 2016 @ 3:00pm, Horizon Room, Career Center
Hosted by Kaplan
Student pre-registration link: bit.ly/ucsdgreadmissionsevent2016
Duke University's Nicholas School of the Environment
October 14 @ 10:00amm, Horizon Room Career Center
- View list of participating schools/programs and create a list of those you want to talk to.
- Visit the website of programs on your list and become familiar with the requirements for application.
- Create a list of questions to ask admissions representative using suggested list of questions and information you found from the program website.
- Use business cards. Include your name, contact information, online presence, etc.
- Practice your one-minute elevator pitch. Let the recruiter know about you, your experience and academic background, and your questions regarding their program.
- What, in your mind, sets your school apart from others like it?
- What about your school/program are you most proud?
- What is the mean GPA or appropriate standardized test range of entering students?
- Who would be the best sources of reference letters for applicants to your program?
- What kinds of skills and knowledge are you looking for in candidates and how would you suggest developing those things?
- What kind of experience do you expect applicants to have?
- Can you describe the strengths of your curriculum?
- How much/what types of financial aid are available?
- How competitive is your program?
- What is the number of applicants and number of admits?
The fair is held on Library Walk. If there is rain, the fair will be moved to the Price Center Ballroom East and West. It is open to students, alumni, and the UC San Diego community. There is no registration or check-in.
Fair maps are located on both ends of Library Walk for reference. Schools and programs are arranged in alphabetical order starting for Geisel.
- Left side of Library Walk (Career Center side)- A to T
- Right side of Library Walk (Bookstore side)- W to U
If you have questions on the day of the fair, please visit the Information Table.