Health Professional School Fair
Wednesday, April 19, 2017 | 11:00am-2:00pm
Price Center Ballroom West
This year's list includes: schools, post-baccs,
clinical & service/volunteer opportunities (NEW)*
FACEBOOK Event Page
Sponsor: UC San Diego School of Medicine
Are you still exploring the health professions or trying to decide between one or the other? Come learn more about various health professions from our panelists! We'll cover many of the health professions from 4-year programs with and without residencies to 2-3 year programs. We have an outstanding list of panelists ready to share their expertise and offer some insight into what it's like to work in their health profession. Check out the schedule below and see above calendar for specific dates/times!
MONDAY: April 17, 2017
Kaplan Presents: Writing a Compelling Personal Statement for the Health Professions
HMP3: Mock MMI (Multi-Mini Interview):
Part I: PREPARE
Take a GAP Year Panel
TUESDAY: April 18, 2017
Health Professional Panel I (4-year programs)
WEDNESDAY: April 19, 2017
HEALTHBEAT: Mock MMI (Multi-mini interview)
Part II: PRACTICE
Women in STEM
THURSDAY: April 20, 2017
Health Professional Panel II (2-3 year programs)
1. Do your homework and have a fundamental understanding of its location, class size, and general application processes.
2. Come professionally dressed.
3. Map the schools, hospitals, and service organizations you want to meet.
4. Ask your questions AND let others ask theirs.
5. Use business cards. This makes it easier for recruiters to log you into their system. Include your name, contact information, online presence, etc.
6. Practice your one-minute elevator pitch. Let the recruiter know about you, your background, academic background, and your questions regarding their program.
7. Follow-up with recruiters within three days of the event so recruiters remember you
By: Emil Chuck
- What is the mean GPA or appropriate standardized test range of entering students?
- Who would be the best sources of reference letters for applicants to your program?
- What kinds of skills and knowledge are you looking for in candidates and how would you suggest developing those things?
- What kind of experience do you expect applicants to have?
- How much/what types of financial aid are available?
- How competitive is your school and what would a competitive applicant profile look like?
- What is the number of applicants and number of admits
- How many application cycles are there per year?
- What is the interview process like?
- What is the time/hour commitment?
- When will I start having patient contact? (if applicable)
- What makes someone a desireable applicant for this internship?
- What kind of training is involved?
The fair is held at the Price Center Ballroom West. It is open to students, alumni, and the UC San Diego community. Please bring your student idea for check-in.
Fair maps are located throughout the ballroom. Fair map will also be uploaded here once it is finalized. Please check back for the map.
If you have questions on the day of the fair, please visit the Information Table.