Health Professional School Fair
Wednesday, April 19, 2017 | 11:00am-2:00pm
Price Center Ballroom West
List of last year's schools/programs
2017 list- TBA in March
Sponsor: UC San Diego School of Medicine
1. Do your homework and have a fundamental understanding of its location, class size, and general application processes.
2. Come professionally dressed.
3. Map the recruiters you want to meet. Here's a list of last year's participants.
4. Ask your questions AND let others ask theirs.
5. Use business cards. This makes it easier for recruiters to log you into their system. Include your name, contact information, online presence, etc.
6. Practice your one-minute elevator pitch. Let the recruiter know about you, your background, academic background, and your questions regarding their program.
7. Follow-up with recruiters within three days of the event so recruiters remember you
See full article by Emil Chuck
- What is the mean GPA or appropriate standardized test range of entering students?
- Who would be the best sources of reference letters for applicants to your program?
- What kinds of skills and knowledge are you looking for in candidates and how would you suggest developing those things?
- What kind of experience do you expect applicants to have?
- How much/what types of financial aid are available?
- How competitive is your school and what would a competitive applicant profile look like?
- What is the number of applicants and number of admits?
The fair is held at the Price Center Ballroom West. It is open to students, alumni, and the UC San Diego community. Please bring your student idea for check-in.
Fair maps are located throughout the ballroom. Schools and programs are arranged in alphabetical order. Fair map will also be uploaded here once it is finalized. Please check back for the map.
If you have questions on the day of the fair, please visit the Information Table.