Law School Information Fair
Wednesday, November 2, 2016 | 11:00am-2:00pm
Library Walk (PC Ballroom if rain)
List of participating schools/programs
Law Fair map
Sponsor: McGeorge School of Law, University of the Pacific
Is Law School Right for you?
November 1, 2016 @ 12:30pm, Horizon Room, Career Center
Interest in law school? Learn about the law school application process, timeline, financial aid, and resources to help you in making your law school decision.
UC Law Schools Admissions Panel
Wednesday, November 2, 2016 @ 2:30pm, Horizon Room, Career Center
Meet with admissions directors from the different UC Law Schools and hear about the admissions process and tips to becoming a competitive applicant.
Thursday, November 3, 2016 @ 3:00pm, Horizon Room, Career Center
This event is an interactive Jeopardy game featuring categories such as law trivia, LSAT strategy tips, Kaplan's course features, and much more! Hosted by Kaplan
2016 Pre-Law Conference
Friday, November 4, 2016 from 12pm-5pm, Hilton San Diego Bayfront
Free and open to all prospective law students. This event offers a variety of sessions such as panels on applying to law school, financing your legal education, and life as a law student, mock law class taught by law professor, and mentorship opportunities. Hosted by the National Asian Pacific American Bar Association. RVSP here.
An Insider’s Guide to Law School Admissions
Monday, November 7, 2016 @ 2:00pm, Horizon Room Career Center
Get information about the law school application process from actual decision-makers. Our panelists are your future file readers. Schools represented: NYU School of Law, UC Berkeley School of Law, University of Texas School of Law, and USC Gould School of Law.
- View list of participating schools/programs and create a list of those you want to talk to.
- Visit website of programs on your list and become familiar with the school, program, location, curriculum, etc.
- Create a list of questions to ask admissions representative using suggested list of questions and information you found from the program website.
- Use business cards. Include your name, contact information, online presence, etc.
- Practice your one-minute elevator pitch. Let the recruiter know about you, your experience and academic background, and your questions regarding their program.
- What, in your mind, sets your school apart from others like it?
- What about your school/program are you most proud?
- What is the mean LSAT range of entering students?
- Who would be the best sources of reference letters for applicants to your program?
- What kinds of skills and knowledge are you looking for in candidates and how would you suggest developing those things?
- What kind of experience do you expect applicants to have?
- Can you describe the strengths of your curriculum?
- How much/what types of financial aid are available?
- How competitive is your program?
- What is the number of applicants and number of admits?
The fair is held on Library Walk. If there is rain, the fair will be moved to the Price Center Ballroom West. It is open to students, alumni, and the UC San Diego community. There is no registration or check-in.
Fair maps are located on both ends of Library Walk for reference. Schools and programs are arranged in alphabetical order.If you have questions on the day of the fair, please visit the Information Table.