Career Peer Educator Program
The Career Peer Educator Program (CPEP) is a paid internship opportunity for a selected group of students to gain extensive hands-on training and experience within a state-of-the-art career center. Peers will develop transferable work-related skills such as communication, advising, counseling and presentations skills, in addition to leadership and teamwork experience.
Career Peers are student experts on the resources available through the Career Services Center. They advise students on resume writing and internship opportunities. Career Peers deliver workshops, plan related programs and assist with logistics at job and recruiter fairs.
|(In the Career Services Center)|
|10:00am – 3:00pm, Monday – Friday|
|New Hours TBD for Winter Quarter|
- Advise students regarding resume writing, internship opportunities, career exploration resources and general Career Services Center questions
- Deliver workshops and conduct outreach presentations on the following topics: overview of the Career Services Center, internship search, resume writing
- Participate in job and graduate school fairs and other Career Services Center employer events
- Participate in outreach and marketing activities to various student groups and units on campus
- Participate in student advisory functions with the Career Services Center director
- Assist students with the location and use of resources in the Career Services Center Library and on Career Services Center website
- Complete additional career-related projects as directed
- Attend peer staff meetings, trainings, and occasional off-campus training/workshops throughout the year
In addition peers will be assigned focused areas they will be responsible for in content delivery and services.
|Major||All majors encouraged to apply|
|GPA||Must be in good academic standing|
|Skills/Qualifications||Strong communication skills; an ability to make presentations to large and small groups. Must have a flexible schedule and be able to work occasional evenings/weekends.|
Students selected to be Career Peer Educators must pay UC student services fees and commit to the program for the entire academic year for 10-15 hours/week.
Career Development Peers
- Assist with the coordination and promotion of career exploration programs (i.e. career exploration panels and other career exploration activities)
- Update and research links on the CSC webpage, including the Internship Supersite and Career Exploration pages
- Serve as liaisons to colleges, campus department peer programs and student organizations for marketing CSC programs
- Coordinate and identify peers to meet presentation requests from campus-wide community
Pre Health and Pre-law Peers
- Help students identify courses that are required for various health professional and law school programs
- Provide general information regarding the timeline process for applying to professional health and law schools
- Be familiar with pre-health and pre-law volunteer and research opportunities both on-campus and off-campus
- Assist with the coordination and promotion of pre-health and pre-law programs (i.e. workshops, panels and other activities)
- Update and research links on the CSC webpage, including the Pre-Health and Pre-Law pages
The online application is currently closed. Please check back soon.
Listen to what our peers have to say about CPEP: