Apply and Pay for
Applying to pharmacy school occurs in the summer, one year before the program starts. Identify programs that match your skills and interests and complete an application. Some steps take more time to complete than others, so plan ahead!
Schools & Programs
- Find Pharmacy Schools: consider curriculum, clinical training options, location and cost
- Review Admissions Policies and Practices
- Applying as an international student
- Compare your GPA and state residency to the Profile of the Latest Entering Class
- UC San Diego's Skaggs School of Pharmacy
- PCAT scores are kept on file for 5 years
- 4-hour exam
- 192 Questions, 1 writing prompt
- Biological Processes
- Chemical Processes
- Critical Thinking
- Quantitative Reasoning
- PharmCAS – aapplication service to apply to multiple Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D.) degree programs offered by schools and colleges of pharmacy. Compiles your transcripts, letters, essay, and activities
- Read PharmCAS Application Instructions for 2021-2022
- Submit supplemental applications from individual schools when required
- Follow the Checklist for Applicants
- PharmGrad-application service to apply to multiple M.S. and Ph.D. programs offered by colleges and schools of pharmacy
- "Your Personal Essay should address why you selected pharmacy as a career and how the Doctor of Pharmacy degree relates to your immediate and long-term professional goals. Describe how your personal, educational, and professional background will help you achieve your goals."
- 4500 characters
Additional Application Information
Get more info and resources on your personal essay, interview tips, letters of evaluation and taking a gap year.