Apply and Pay for
Applying to public health school occurs in the fall, a year before the start of the program. Identify programs that match your interests and complete an application. Some steps take more time to complete than others, so plan ahead!
Taking the GRE
Selecting Schools & Program
Consider curriculum, clinical training options, location and cost
- 10 Things to Know Before You Apply
- Find a Public Health program
- See a list of accredited Schools and Programs of public health
- Association of Schools & Programs of Public Health: 2020-21: Graduate School Viewbook
- Public Health Degree Programs Abroad
- Financing Your Degree: Scholarship Search Engines
Types of Programs
A graduate degree in public health allows students the opportunity to build upon the foundational elements of public health and develop skills in a particular area or issue in the academic or professional fields. There are multiple options for students interested in obtaining a graduate degree in public health or field related to public health.
Writing Your Personal Essay
- Your personal essay is intended to give you the opportunity to submit a narrative to each school to which you are applying describing your past education, experience, and current professional career objectives.
- 1500 words (can vary by program)
- Additional tips to develop your personal essay
Applicants may need to upload a resume or CV directly to SOPHAS via their online application.
Submitting Your Application
- SOPHAS – the application service that compiles your transcripts, letters, essays and activities
Additional Application Information
Get more info and resources on your personal essay, interview tips, letters of evaluation and taking a gap year.