THE UC SAN DIEGO
No matter what you’re planning for your future, we provide information, insight and guidance to help you every step of the way.
The Career Center for Tritons
Our offices are open for in-person services with limited hours (Mon - Fri, 8:30am - 4:00pm). Visit the Advising link for more detailed information. We are also providing all services online including virtual advising and virtual networking opportunities to support the career development needs of our students and alumni.Our Services Include:
- Advising: We’ve increased the number of available one on one sessions. Appointments via Zoom, email, or phone can be scheduled on Handshake.
- Webinars and Video Content: New content is being added to this website and Handshake that covers critical topics like how to prepare to apply to graduate school and the do’s and don’ts of technical resumes.
- Employer Events: Employers are still recruiting! There are thousands of active jobs on Handshake right now and we’re working tirelessly with recruiters to develop more engagement opportunities, like virtual info sessions and office hours.
- Online Resources: This website is designed to move you upward and onward in your career and life journey. Check out the roadmap to get started—or browse around for resources and tips to help you achieve your goals. Handshake also has a wealth of online resources, from the Triton Career Guide to Big Interview’s job and internship interview practice tool.
- Triton Career Resources Directory: a list of key resources and tools available in one place.
Meet our Team
Get to know the team, their areas of expertise, and how to contact.Learn More
WANT TO CONNECT?
Looking for a job or internship? Thinking of applying to grad school? Need to hire top talent? Whatever your need, we’re here to help. One-on-one.Contact Us
The UC San Diego Career Center Annual Report 2022 provides a comprehensive overview of the center's achievements and impact throughout the year.VIEW
GO UPWARD & ONWARD WITH THE CAREER CENTER
SURROUND YOURSELF WITH SUCCESS
Start Your Network
Meet hiring managers, graduate and professional school recruiters, and other students who share your interests.
Grow Your Network
Connect with working professionals and recent alumni who are tapped into your future industry and roles. Attend networking events, workshops and webinars to meet mentors and potential future teammates.
Sustain Your Network
Proactively reach out to new and stay connected to existing network members to discover your next opportunity. Get coaching and interview idea from the Career Center that help showcase your strengths.
KNOW YOUR OPTIONS
Find that First (or Next) Employer
Get inside information, meet hiring managers and talk to current employees on their daily. We’ll help you connect with people that are looking for someone just like you
Find the best Grad School
Connect with your College academic advisers, grad school recruiters, learn more about cost and admissions, and discover which grad schools will be the right fit.
Find that life-changing Professional School
Start planning, early. Begin researching the academic requirements and valuable lab experiential opportunities. Speak with admissions officers and compare the strengths of various programs.
PREPARATION IS EVERYTHING
Organize Your Interests
The ideal career fuses your intellectual acumen and strengths to help others. Let’s discuss what matters to you, so you can focus on what's next.
Put your passions to work by participating in Triton worker employment, student organizations and community involvement. We’ll help you translate your co-curricular experiences and apply it in your future.
Share your abilities with the world. Your research lab experience, Etsy art side business, volunteer work, and free-time activities help you achieve recognition that can open up a fascinating future.