Let us help
Planning for your future is too important to go it alone. Professional advisors are here to help you.
Our fastest, easy-in/easy-out advisory service.
Have a quick question? Want to learn more about Career Center services? Need someone to review your resume or cover letter? Virtual Drop-in advising is for you.
- Log into Handshake
- Click Events (Search: "Virtual Drop-in")
- Register for a virtual drop-in appointment
- Join session for drop-in appointment
Mon-Fri, 10:00 am–3:00 pm
GRADUATE STUDENT ADVISING HOURS
See the Graduate Advising page for times
Specialized advising services for pre-health students.
Feeling overwhelmed by your medical school application? Searching for a healthcare job or internship? Stop by to meet with a pre-health or pre-med advisor Monday through Friday, no appointment necessary.
The Career Center is open for in-person scheduled appointments. Limited hours below.
For your appointment, please email the Associate Director any documents (e.g. resume, links, etc.) you would to review during the appointment. Please do not bring paper documents for any in-person appointments.
In-depth, one-on-one focused discussion tailored directly for you.
Set clear, accountable short-term goals. Translate your strengths and what you've done in the past for what's next. Roadmap the next steps. Our expert advisors understand your unique career path and are here to answer all your questions. Schedule a 30-minute appointment with a career advisor to discuss:
- Choosing, reevaluating or changing your major or minor
- Thinking about your purpose and how you're going to take advantage of your academic success
- Helping define what makes you, well you and how you can share that with recruiters
- Navigating all the resources available here at the Career Center and online
- Making the most of a job fair, on-campus recruiting and off-campus search strategies
- Working to better your LinkedIn and social media profiles
- Reviewing alternative internships or careers and planning your job search
- Practice interviewing, negotiating benefits and salary, or networking effectively
- Getting ready for the first day of work and how to make the most of it
Limited Office Hours (appointment required): MON - FRI, 8:30 am–4:00 pm
Following COVID-19 campus guidelines, face covering is mandatory and social distancing is required. Please visit COVID-19 Campus Resources and Guidelines for more information.
GRADUATE STUDENT CAREER COACHING
Finding the right career requires significant time commitment: start early in your graduate career and employ multiple techniques and strategies. The greater your investment of time and energy, the greater the dividends. You can find the true breadth of career options available, you can connect with the right opportunities, and we can help.
Our expert coaches understand your unique career path and are here to answer your questions. Schedule a 30-minute appointment with one to discuss:
- Explore interest, skills, and passions, and how those can lead to a meaningful career
- Discover values and personal metrics of success, and how those can guide you towards the right path
- Define what makes you a unique candidate and how you can share that with professional contacts and recruiters
- Navigate the resources available at the Career Center and online, so you can find the tools you need to succeed
- Make the most of job fairs, on-campus recruiting, networking events, and more, to ensure that your name catches the attention of employers
- Plan career search and job search strategies: a journey of a thousand applications starts with a single bullet-point
- Work to better your LinkedIn and social media profiles, so recruiters pick up what you're putting down
- Practice interviewing techniques: it's not just about what you know but how you can present it
- Learn how to negotiate benefits and salary, to get the compensation you're worth
- Establish networking methods and strategies best suited to you and your field: ~80% of new hires result one way or another from networking
- Set clear and accountable short-term goals, and translate your strengths and what you've done into concepts that employers can appreciate
Standard Office Hours (appointment required): Mon-Fri, 8:00am-4:30pm
GUIDANCE AND PLANNING UNIQUE TO YOUR MAJOR
Learn more about all the options available to someone with your education and experience. Receive insight, information and guidance from a professional advisor to lock in the ideal internship, research opportunity, job or graduate/professional school.
Standard Office Hours: MON - FRI, 8:00 -5:00 pm
Are you a pre-health or pre-med student?
Specialized resources are available just for you. Start here.