Financial Considerations for Graduate School
- How much does my program cost?
- What kind of funding opportunities and financial aid are available for the program?
- How much money will I have to borrow?
- Will my potential income after completing the program be enough to cover my monthly loan payments?
Types of Funding
- School/Departmental/Program funding
- Assistantships (teaching and research)
- Extramural funding (from outside the university)
- Fellowships, scholarships, grants
- Federal Student Loans
- Private Student Loans
- Loan repayment calculators/estimators
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
Fellowship Databases and Opportunities
- UCLA Graduate and Postdoctoral Extramural Support (GRAPES)
- UC Berkeley Scholarship Connection
- Cornell Fellowship Database
- UCSD's national competitive scholarships
- UCSD Graduate Division
- Grant Forward
- National Endowment for the Arts
- National Endowment for the Humanities
- National Institutes of Health, Kirschstein National Research Service Award (NRSA)
- National Science Foundation Graduate Fellowships
- Pacific Rim Research Program
- Pathway to Science
- UC Funding Opportunities
- UC Institute for Research in the Arts
- UC Mexus