Begin the process of creating your resume to showcase your experiences, strengths and core competencies. Creating a resume early on in your college process is important. It can help outline your relevant experience.
- Highlight a strong GPA (3.0 or better)
- Highlight coursework that is relevant to the job you are seeking
- Review the job description to identify skills that are relevant to the position you are seeking
- Present your accomplishments in the experience section by adding a result or outcome to your task
- List a few “Memberships” and “Activities,” especially if they are relevant to the position
- Use keywords from job description to build bullet points
- Include numbers, event details and outcomes
- Make sure to match appropriate present and past tenses
- Arrange sections and bullet points based on how important they are to the employer
- Use reverse chronological order within sections such as work experience
- Maintain formatting consistency from top of the page to the bottom
- Don’t include an objective, it is a dated practice
- Avoid personal pronouns
The complete Triton Career Guide can be downloaded in Handshake. Download a few pages to get you started.
Download this resume template to help you get started on creating a formalized version of what you would like employers to see.