Open Your Doors to UC San Diego Talent
UC San Diego is committed to the professional success of its students and alumni. The University's Career Center connects employers with qualified talent who can make an immediate impact on your success.
- Information sessions
- CAMPUS INTERVIEWS & OFFICE HOURS
- Triton Career Fairs
- Custom Programs
- Become a Triton Alliance member
Get started by creating a FREE Handshake account to:
- Post job and internship opportunities for our students and alumni
- Request on-campus interviews, office hours and information sessions
- Register for career fairs
Handshake is a centralized online job board accessed by more than 20,000 active UC San Diego students and alumni.
Handshake is the best and most effective way to promote your job and internship opportunities.
It is used by more than 500 universities and 250,000 employers to reach collegiate talent nationwide.
Information sessions allow you to connect in person with a targeted group of students. Sessions are held Monday through Thursday from 5-6:30 p.m. and 7-8:30 p.m. in the Career Center.
Space Capacity and Costs
With your space reservation, we include:
- Employer concierges to assist with student check-in and provide logistical assistance during the session.
- Marketing and branding your event, including distributing emails to targeted student populations
Career Center staff will recommend catering options and assist with logistics including parking.How to Request an Information Session:
- Log into Handshake and select “Create an Event”
- Questions? Contact us at (858) 534-9297 or email@example.com
The Career Center has eight rooms available to employers at no cost for on-campus interviews and office hours year-round, including on career fair days. We can assist in scheduling students through Handshake.
On-Campus Interview Models:
- Preselect: Employers post a job opportunity on Handshake and select students applicants to interview on campus. Your selected students are automatically notified and are prompted to sign up through Handshake for the interview.
- Preselect to Alternate: Same features as Preselect. Also allows employers to choose additional students as alternates. If space becomes available on your schedule, then alternate students may sign up to interview.
- Open: Employers post a job opportunity on Handshake, but do not select students to interview. Student applicants have the opportunity to sign up for an interview on a first-come, first-serve basis. This model can also be used when employers host office hours.
- Room Reservation Only: The employer reserves a room on campus, without posting a job on Handshake. All interviews are generated on your own, independently from the Career Center and Handshake.
How to Schedule On-Campus Interviews:
- Log onto Handshake and select “Request an Interview” and let us know what model you’re interested in.
- Questions? Contact us at (858) 534-9297 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our quarterly Triton Career Fair is open to all UC San Diego students and alumni. We also host two graduate school career fairs each year.
Our career fairs attract recruiters and admissions representatives from hundreds of organizations, and professional and graduate schools from around the world, as well as thousands of students and alumni.
2019-2020 Triton Career Fairs
- Science & Technology Career Fair: Wednesday, Oct. 2nd, 2019
- Triton Fall Career Fair: Wednesday, Oct. 2nd, 2019
- Triton Winter Career Fair: January 7, 2020
- Triton Spring Career Fair: April 7, 2020
2020-2021 career fair dates are not available at this time.
The MicroFair is a new and innovative company specific recruitment event format that allows employers to have high quality interactions with a large group of targeted students utilizing a larger event space with multiple recruiter “engagement stations”. The model works particularly well for employers that are hiring specialized talent across different business units and that plan on bringing a team of company representatives and alumni to campus.
We offer a wide variety of special recruitment events throughout the year allowing employers to create tailored programming and and engagement with certain student populations. This includes, TritonTreks, Coding Competitions, Diversity Events, Case Studies, Speaker panels, Workshops, etc.
How to register for a Triton Career Fair or Custom Program:
- Contact our Industry Engagement team at (858) 534-9297 or email@example.com.
- Plan your recruitment platform by checking out our Recruitment Calendar.
We established the Triton Alliance to recognize employers who support our innovative programs and initiatives, and who invest in the professional development of our students and alumni.
A partnership with UC San Diego provides employers with compelling engagement opportunities with top student and alumni talent, the University, community leadership, and cutting-edge research.We focus on co-creating customized recruitment platforms to help you achieve your talent goals. Please visit Triton Alliance or contact your Industry Engagement team.
Contact us at (858) 534-9297 or firstname.lastname@example.org.