THANK YOU, TRITON STUDENT EMPLOYEES!
National Student Employment Week will be held April 10th - 16th 2022. During this week, UC San Diego will join the national celebration by sponsoring virtual appreciation activities as well as providing awards and resources for our valued student workers.
Ways to Appreciate Your Triton Student Employees
In these unprecedented times, use your creativity to celebrate your student workers in new, virtual ways!
- Say, Thank You!
- Ways to Appreciate your Triton Student Employee flyer pdf.
- Create an appreciation video with your team/department to share with your student workers.
- Design a "Student Employee Week" Zoom virtual background to use during meetings with your students.
- Decorate office space. Make a banner.Social Media/Departmental
- Use this certificate of appreciation or create your own to give to your Triton Workers. (Example 1)
- Join the conversation by recognizing your students on your department’s social media by using the hashtags #TritonWorker, #NationalStudentEmploymentWeek, and #NSEW2022.
- Recognize your student employees in your department newsletter, website, or staff meeting.
- Social Media/Departmental Website - Upon consent, recognize your student(s) on these platforms.
- Create fun awards such as Weirdest Job, Above & Beyond, Perfect Attendance.
- Create an e-card and have all full-time employees in your department or office write a short note of appreciation inside.
- E-giftcards, goodie bags, snacks. Get creative!
If you don’t have the monetary resources to put together any of the ideas mentioned above, let your students know how much you appreciate them and their hard work. You can write a thank you card/note or nominate your student for the Triton Student Employee of the Year Award.
Triton Student Employee of the Year Award
- 2022 Triton Student Employee of the Year Recipients
- VC areas: Academic Affairs, Marine Sciences, Equity, Diversity, & Inclusion (EDI), and Resource Management & Planning (RMP)
- 2022 Triton Student Employee of the Year Recipients and Legacy Award
- VC areas and Legacy Award: Advancement, Chief Financial Officer, Heath Sciences, and Student Affairs
- 2022 Triton Student Employee of the Year Nominees
- All nominations are due on Friday, April 22, 2022.
- One finalist from each Vice Chancellor area will be selected as recipient of the Triton Student Employee of the Year Award.
- Each recipient will be contacted on May 20, 2022.
- All Recipients will receive personalized plaque.
- All Nominees will be entered to be selected for opportunity giveaways.
- Helpful Tips for Writing a Nomination Letter.
Please email the Student Employment Office if you are interested in participating or have any questions.
Sponsored by the Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs, Human Resources, Chancellor’s Office, Resource Management & Planning, and Advancement.