THANK YOU, TRITON STUDENT EMPLOYEES!
This year's National Student Employment Week was held April 9th - 16th 2023. We would like to thank all UC San Diego departments, staff, faculty, and community members for their participation in this incredible initiative. We would especially like to thank all of our amazing student employees for their hard work, dedication, and endless hours they've given to this university. UC San Diego is truly thankful and appreciative of each and every one of our student employees.
Ways to Appreciate Your Triton Student Employees
Whether your student employees are working in-person or remotely, we encourage you to use your creativity to celebrate your student employees in new and exciting ways! Remember: this is a WEEK-LONG celebration, not just one day. So try and do something different every day of the week to express your appreciation for your student employees.
- Say, Thank You!
- How to Celebrate Your Student Employees Infographic.
- Create an appreciation video with your team/department to share with your student employees.
- Design a "National Student Employee Week" Zoom virtual background to use during meetings with your students.
- Decorate office space; Make a banner!
- Use this certificate of appreciation or create your own to give to your Triton Employees. (Example 1)
- Join the conversation by recognizing your students (upon their consent) on your department’s social media by using the hashtags #TritonEmployee, #NationalStudentEmploymentWeek, and #NSEW2023.
- Recognize your student employees in your department newsletter, website, or staff meeting.
- Create fun awards, such as Weirdest Job, Above & Beyond, Perfect Attendance.
- Create a fun "Who's Who" superlative contest, such as Most Likely to Create the Next Viral Meme, Most Likely to Find Buried Treasure, or Most Likely to Win the Lottery, but then Lose the Ticket, and see who people connect with each option.
- Create an e-card and have all department employees write a short note of appreciation.
- E-giftcards, goodie bags, snacks. Get creative!
If you don’t have the monetary resources to put together any of the ideas mentioned above, let your students know how much you appreciate them and their hard work. You can write a thank you card/note or nominate your student for the Triton Student Employee of the Year Award.
Triton Student Employee of the Year Award
The winners of the 2023 Triton Student Employee of the Year Award can be found on this "Meet the Triton Student Employees of the Year" webpage.
- Nominations for the 2023 Triton Student Employee of the Year award are now closed.
- One nominee from each Vice Chancellor area will be selected as recipient of the Triton Student Employee of the Year Award.
- Each recipient will be contacted by the end of April.
- All award recipients will receive an exclusive award package.
- All nominees will be entered to win a Triton Cash gift card.
- Helpful Tips for Writing a Nomination Letter.
- 2023 Triton Student Employee of the Year Recipients
- 2022 Triton Student Employee of the Year Recipients
- VC areas: Academic Affairs, Marine Sciences, Equity, Diversity, & Inclusion (EDI), and Resource Management & Planning (RMP)
- 2022 Triton Student Employee of the Year Recipients and Legacy Award
- VC areas and Legacy Award: Advancement, Chief Financial Officer, Heath Sciences, and Student Affairs
- 2022 Triton Student Employee of the Year Nominees
Sponsored by the Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs & Vice Chancellor for Advancement.