Parents and Families
As family of a UC San Diego student, your perspective, professional and life experience have critical influence on the career development of your family member.
The UC San Diego Career Services Center helps students determine and fulfill their career goals through a myriad of programs, including:
- One-on-one advising on choosing a major, career goals, grad school admissions
- On-campus interviewing and the benefit of partnerships with national and international employers
- Direct access to grad and professional school admissions offices
- Innovative technology and cutting edge online applications for practicing interviews, honing resumes, or conducting employer and industry research
- Access to hundreds of jobs on- and off-campus, work-study, internships, volunteer and summer opportunities
See the Survey of Recent Graduates for salaries, industries, and job search methods used by new alumni.
The Career Services Center urges parents and families to explore the UC San Diego Parent & Family Programs office for up-to-date announcements, events and resources for families.
Featured Article: A Career Planning Course for Parents
The Career Services Center is a valuable component to the UC San Diego educational experience. Here are some helpful tools to help you and your student with their career development path:Tips for Parents